Nov 1, 2011

Update

My first week here was challenging. I have never lived far enough from home that I couldn't always run home if something came up; but now I live 10 hours from my hometown, so I can't do that. I faced much spiritual warfare last week: from doubts about being here to worrying about income to friends and the list goes on and on and on. It was ruff but with God's help, I came through.

Concerning my mission here: I have joined the Human Trafficking Ministry at the church I am attending. The people on this team are awesome and have passion written all over them. I haven't met any of the victims (that I know of), but I do know that some attend my church. Our team relies on the police department. They have to investigate and all that other good ole police stuff. They know how many people they will arrest and how many victims there are to rescue; they are pretty precise. These things just take time, unfortunately. I wish we were going in guns a slinging, breaking down doors Chuck Norris style 24/7.

In the mean time, I am trying to reach out to other organizations. Pray that I will find favor with World Relief (the ladies will not email me back for anything. I have no clue why.) I have two others in mind that I cannot name, but pray that God will grant me favor with these also.

Thanks for all your prayers, thoughts, support, everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment